Powerpoint won't auto start transitions on one machine, but will on another (Solved)

I have two displays configured on 1.7.0. I created a powerpoint presentation and set it up to display. On one machine, when it loads, it waits the appropriate transition time and automatically moves to the next slide.

On the other machine, it just sits on the first slide forever, until I right click and say “next slide”, then it will continue cycling through the slides until it resets. However, if I load the PPS manually in powerpoint, it works as expected.

Both machines are Win7 Pro x32, with Office 2013 Professional installed. Xibo Player 1.7.0.

I’m feeling that it’s setting buried deep inside Powerpoint’s options, or perhaps in the Internet settings for IE, but I cannot find anything that would cause that behavior for the life of me.

Any help is appreciated.

It’s a stab in the dark - but maybe try forcing the problem PC into IE9 (I think that is the latest on XP). Enabling HTML5 in the Windows .net Player

I actually noticed this morning that the offending computer is only running IE8, while the ‘working’ one is running IE9. I am in the process of updating the offending machine, and will revert back if it works. Being that is one of only two differences between the machines, I am hopeful (the other difference is the working machine has SP1 installed for W7, but I have not installed it on the offending box yet).

OK, that may well be it! Fingers crossed!

Indeed! That was the problem. Everything is working brilliantly now! Hopefully the next guy with this issue will find this post :).

Thanks for your help, and keep up the great work. This is a brilliant bit of software!

1 Like