Planning on xibo cms

hello,
my planning problem is as follows: when i plan sveral layouts, they start reading and from one moment to another it stops and sends my me the error message: xibo has stopped working.

what should i do please.

Hi - we will need some more information to help you with that, firstly the versions of the CMS, which Players and the versions of the Player software would be good.

Thanks!

hi,
i use xibo cms 1.7.5 on ubuntu 14.04 and the xibo player version is 1.7.0-rc1 win 32- x86 installed on windows.

cordially

Hi,

1.7 series isn’t supported anymore unfortunately, it was replaced with 1.8 series in 2015. The nearest supported version is 1.8.13 (see https://xibo.org.uk/docs/setup/release-support). It is much the same story with the windows player - 1.7.0-rc1 is many years old.

The error you’re having is likely solved, so I’d recommend upgrading all the way to 2.3.0 CMS and Player v2 R201. To do this from 1.7 you need to “upgrade through” 1.8.13.

So on the CMS you would go 1.7.5 -> 1.8.13 -> 2.3.0 and on the Player just install v2 R201 when the CMS has completed.

Best wishes!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.