PHP Notice: A feed could not be found at http://xibo.org.uk/feed/

Whenever we try to log into the CMS it says: PHP Notice: A feed could not be found at Xibo Blog. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it… Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed. in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\3rdparty\simplepie\library\SimplePie.php on line 1520

So I enabled force_feed() in simplepie.php… and it’s telling me the xml pulled from Xibo Blog isn’t formatted correctly (although I tested it and it seems ok). I don’t know if this is the case or if it has something to do with our proxy.

But should this really be taking the entire CMS down? Is there a way to disable the feed altogether now that I can no longer get into the website? Do I have to go into the DB?

We’re trying to deploy this in a plant and can’t be in a situation where our signage system can be taken down due to a bad or unavailable xml feed. Plus the issue could very well be our proxy so the feeds might never work.

Thanks,

Lou

PHP Notices shouldn’t be dumped to the browser output unless you have the CMS in test mode? Or perhaps you’ve forced that in your php.ini file?

Anyway, you can adjust the latest_news_url to empty in your theme/default/config.php file to stop it requesting the feed at all.

Hi Dan thanks - I don’t recall ever putting the CMS in test mode. Where would that setting be? We’ll check.

It’s in the CMS settings on the Troubleshooting tab.