Per-User CMS Library Storage

Dan, I know that is something unnecessary, but it would help me a lot this modification.

Is it possible to have the library subdirectory for each user, with their contents.
Currently everything is saved in one place.

The user is created and the rise content, we create the folder and save the contents of it in his directory …

It does not matter, I understand perfectly, but helps in server maintenance and even faster identification data.Dan, I know that is something unnecessary, but it would help me a lot this modification.

Is it possible to have the library subdirectory for each user, with their contents.
Currently everything is saved in one place.

The user is created and the rise content, we create the folder and save the contents of it in his directory …
It does not matter, I understand perfectly, but helps in server maintenance and even faster identification data.

Laercionit,

We faced a simular delima in trying to indentify what content belonged to which user when accessing xibo through the API. In the end we created a second database and file location to keep track of the media, and then interfaced with xibo through the API.

The CMS library can be filtered to show content that belongs to certian users. In the API it does not appear that such a function exist.

Laercionit, would having the ability to call content by owner/user from the API solve the problem for you as it would for us?

Hello cslaughter,

First thank you for your attention to the topic.
Unfortunately I could not quite understand the solution applied, could give more details.

My problem today is that use a shared CMS with multiple users. Unfortunately have everything in one directory is bad for my server architecture. Having a directory within the library to help each client in the process if necessary dedicate a CMS customer.

Today adopted as CMS shared for customers with less than 10 displays. When the client hires more points and now has more than 10 displays, we perform the migration to a dedicated CMS. Through DNS rules can easily migrate displays to connect to another CMS when migrated to Dedicated.

Migration I would make the replica database and copy only the client directory with his files without the need to replicate the library.

Hi laercionit,

It sounds like our problems are not as simular as I was thinking they may be.

For your problem I might suggest directly quereying the xibo database for userid of the client needing to be migrated in the media table, or using the API, and then copying all media results returned to the new location.

Just a thought.

Hello cslaughter

Your suggestion is what I do today, but querying the database to generate DOS commands or Shell to copy the files for migration and delete the source.

Unfortunately it is a process of much attention and the user directory would be simpler, could automate simple.

Basically the request would be in the library directory, always create a sub folder for content with user IDs.

Laercio, I don’t think we want to overly complicate the library storage - it would make it much harder to implement other storage mechanisms in the future and I don’t really see the benefit of doing so.

If you are splitting out a user into their own dedicated CMS, then presumably you also have to pull out their content from the database, pull any layouts they own/jointly own, etc… in other words a much more difficult operation.

It would make more sense to have an “export” tool which you could provide with a userId, the tool would then be responsible for creating an export of layouts, displays, etc that could be split into a new CMS… this seems like a much more extendible solution than having the user ownership tied to the file storage.

Dan.
I have been migrating clients to a CMS per customer.
Unfortunately we need some tool for integrated management of Cms.

Type displays offline, up content to layouts in several cms and other items with a focus on selling content.

Hopefully you will be able to design something suitable once the Xibo API is released in 1.8