Outdoor Screen Brightness

While I’m not 100 per cent sure if this is a XIBO issue or a Screen issue, I want to ask this to the general users of Xibo, who are using the program for outdoor screen.

Both of our screens on Xibo are outdoor signs, and we have having brightness issues. I have looked through the backend of the program and to no avail I can’t find a way to control the brightness levels at night. We are getting complaints that we are blinding motorists. I want to solve this quickly.

So my questions are as followed:

1. can you control the brightness level on screens via Xibo?
  2. if you can’t how are you controlling the brightness levels?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Chris

You can control screen brightness in Xibo with the webOS Player where we have a deeper integration with the hardware (since we’re running directly on the screen).

Beyond that, Xibo doesn’t offer any direct control over screen brightness, however, it can run commands on Windows for you, so you could script changing the screen brightness and then use Xibo to run that script at the appropriate times.

I’ve not tried it, but something like this might be of use:

I don’t have an answer, but I’d very much like to thank you for addressing the question – outdoor signs that don’t dim at night drive me mad. :slight_smile:

What kind of screens are you using ?

We have several Android clients running. To reduce screen brightness we us a black image with 50% alpha (opacity) as an overly during the evening hours. The overlay is scheduled from 19:00 - 04:00, recurring every 1 day. It “prevents” the guests turning off the screen because it’s too bright.
This works on our locations

1 Like