Notification widget not working

Xibo version : 1.8.10
Player versie : 1.8.10 (WIN 10)
Installation : Manual on ubuntu server

I want to use the notification widget but cannot get it to work. I see the notification text in the preview in Xibo, but not on my screen. I selected the correct screen in the notification. What is goiing wrong?

Thank you for the information you provided. If you could provide more information on how you have configured the notification widget, I can look into this further for you.

I have put the notification widget in my layout with the following settings:
The background of my layout is white.

Tab general:

Name: Notifidinges
Set a duration : Checked
Duration : 60 seconds
Template : [Subject] - [Body] (Textcolor=black, Backgtroundcolor=red)

Tab Effect:

No effect selected
Speed: No value

Tab advanced:

Object duration : not checked
Message when there is no notification: Op dit moment zijn er geen notificaties
(Textcolor: black, Backgroundcolor: red)

Notificationtext:

Tab general:

Subject : Testnotificatie
Release date : 2018-07-10 14:13
Email : not checked
Interupt: Checked

Tab message:

Message : Vandaag gaan de lessen scheikunde niet door wegens een ontplofte leraar.
Tot nader order zij het zo.

Tab Audiance:

Users : Selected all users and groups
(Groups: system notifications, users, Users: dfeenstra)

Displays : Alle the displays I have configured in Xibo

Thank you for posting the configuration. I have had a look and cannot see an obvious issue there, if you could also post a screenshot of the layout designer page, that would also help to narrow down where the issue lies.

Thank you for the screenshot. Could you also send me a screenshot of the status window, when the layout is running? Whilst I’m sure you already know how to do that, I’ll add that this is done by clicking the letter i on the keyboard whilst the layout is running. This should also help resolve the issue.

Thank you for the screenshot. I can see that the required file status shows there is 1 file to download. I cannot see that file in the screenshot you have sent to me, if you can scroll down through the required files list and confirm what that file is and whether that file is a .htm.

I would also recommend checking the Log page in the CMS and increasing the Interval/ Duration Back, the default is 120 seconds. If you also select the Advanced tab and enter into the Message box ‘Call to a member function format () on string’. This will help us better understand what is happening.

The file is: 99.htm

I increased the interval/Duration back to 120 seconds.
I also checked the logs but could not find the “call to a member…”
but could not find it in the log. The only thing I found is:

1118564 59283ed 2018-07-12 15:00 WEB GET DEBUG /log SET @fromDt=‘2018-07-12 14:58:35’; SET @toDt=‘2018-07-12 15:00:35’; SET @message=’%call to member%’; SELECT logId, runNo, logDate, channel, page, function, message, display.displayId, display.display, type FROM log LEFT OUTER JOIN display ON display.displayid = log.displayid WHERE 1 = 1 AND logdate > @fromDt AND logdate <= @toDt AND message LIKE @message ORDER BY logId DESC LIMIT 0, 100
1118525 0879835 2018-07-12 15:00 WEB GET DEBUG /log SET @fromDt=‘2018-07-12 14:58:29’; SET @toDt=‘2018-07-12 15:00:29’; SET @message=’%call to member%’; SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM log LEFT OUTER JOIN display ON display.displayid = log.displayid WHERE 1 = 1 AND logdate > @fromDt AND logdate <= @toDt AND message LIKE @message
1118524 0879835 2018-07-12 15:00 WEB GET DEBUG /log SET @fromDt=‘2018-07-12 14:58:29’; SET @toDt=‘2018-07-12 15:00:29’; SET @message=’%call to member%’; SELECT logId, runNo, logDate, channel, page, function, message, display.displayId, display.display, type FROM log LEFT OUTER JOIN display ON display.displayid = log.displayid WHERE 1 = 1 AND logdate > @fromDt AND logdate <= @toDt AND message LIKE @message ORDER BY logId DESC LIMIT 0, 100

I also looked in my display management and see that the notifcationwidget isn’t downloaded
Tried also to add another notification widget but with the same result.

Dislpay

There seems to be bug with notificationView widget, I’ve created an issue about it here https://github.com/xibosignage/xibo/issues/1572

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

No problem. I also have the problem since the update to version 1.8.10 with the screenshots.
When I ask for a screenshot I won’t recieve a new screenshot anymore.

Could you open a new topic about that please?

We can then discuss that and leave this this topic for notification view widget issue.

In any case, screenshots should generally work fine in 1.8.10, the only change in that version was the added timestamp that comes with the screenshot.