Missing font in Windows client?

Hi,

I have uploaded a font into the XIBO server that shows correctly in the layout Web Preview but doesn’t show in the windows client.

rockwell.ttf

In the windows client I can see there is a font called “33.ttf” in \Documents\Xibo Library. When I double-click on this it opens and has the heading “Rockwell (Truetype)”. So I click “Install” thinking maybe I need to do this to get it to work. But it gives me the error “The ‘Rockwell’ font is already installed. Do you want to replace it?”

So - in summary. Font isn’t getting displayed in the windows client. Does anyone have any idea why?

Thanks,
Matt

mrtaylor,

Have you gone to modules and then used the "Verify All " link? if so you may want to see a fix that might be related here.

Thanks cslaughter,

Just did that. (signagecloud.net -> Modules -> “Verify All” button) They all verify. (I’m using the Spring Signage hosted server).

I’m a bit of a newbie. I’m keen to get this working so I can demonstrate it’s a solution we can use for schools throughout the University.

Cheers,
Matt

mrtaylor,

Ah, sorry, I did not know that you were using the Spring Signage hosted solution. I am not sure if they apply bug fixes or only update to actual releases on the Spring Signage Hosted solution. (But on second thought the bug fix I posted would not apply to the Spring Signage Hosted Solution)

It is interesting that the font does show on the Windows machine as being installed, but yet it is not showing up. Have you checked the file permissions on the 33.ttf file to see if they match the other files in the folder? Have you tried restarting the Windows client?

Thanks again cslaughter,

Yep restarted windows client. In fact created several Windows clients (in VirtualBox) and all have the same problem. I’ve also tried deleting the contents of \documents\xibo library\ and relaunching the client so it repopulates all the data. No luck.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Cheers,
Matt

Hi,

I’m having similar problems.Can you find a solution?

Hi xxssxx,

Couldn’t fix it. In the end I ditched Spring Signage hosting and created my own XIBO server on a Mac. For some reason the windows clients showed the correct font when connected to my own local server.

Hope this helps,
Matt

Sorry to hear that - there shouldn’t be any difference between what we provide on that platform and what you are running on your Mac. In fact we run all our development testing there too.

We will run some tests to make sure its all working as intended (we’ve done so for various font related tickets recently).

FYI - only actual releases