Manually upgrading Xibo

Hi,

I just read through the Xibo manual, especially the section on upgrading a manual installation.

https://www.xibo.org.uk/manual/en/upgrade_custom.html

As far as I can tell, there’s something missing. All video files are stored under library/, so this directory should be backed up somewhere and then restored in the new installation.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Niki

Yes that’s correct.

The library directory is there as a suggested location, but you can infact put that anywhere you wish.

With a docker-based install, your library is preserved in the shared folder automatically.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I suggest you add a one-liner to the documentation, to prevent folks from shooting themselves in the foot.

As soon as the next release (1.8.6) is published, I’ll add an “update” section to my blog.

On a side note, the blog article I wrote about Xibo recently has 500+ clicks per day. Looks like digital signage is getting popular. :sunglasses:

Cheers from the sunny South of France,

Niki

Everyone is free to make modification to the documentation. It’s all held on Github so it’s easy enough to make a minor change like that and have it merged in :slight_smile: