Logon Screensaver creates .NET fault

Hi everyone!
I’ve installed the .scr from the Xibo Player to use it as a screensaver. This part is working, so no problem there.
Now I’m trying to make the screensaver appear when no users are logged on. That seems to be harder then it looks.
Eventviewer is logging a 1022 event being .NET Runtime ; There was a failure initializing profiling API attach infrastructure. This process will not allow a profiler to attach.
I’m using Xibo Player 1.7.3.

Many thanks for your input on this!
Grtz,

Hi,

I think that it has something to do with Windows 7 screensaver settings at login screen.

Disclaimer: We didn’t try it, so we aren’t sure if it will work or not.

But if you would like to try it, then it will require some registry editing:

HKEY_USERS \ .Default \ Control Panel \ Desktop

Below this key create the following REG_SZ values:
SCRNSAVE.EXE = C:\Xibo.SCR (// path to the .scr file).
ScreenSaveActive = 1
ScreenSaveIsSecure = 0
ScreenSaveTimeOut = 60 (// or whatever timeout you want in seconds)

Let us know, if this works :slight_smile:

Hey Peter,

Thank you for your reponse!
Tried your suggestion, but after the 60 secs the screen flickers (1 sec black) and then returns back to logon screen. So it looks like it wants to load the screensaver, but cannot complete the task. Do you think it is because the scr-file is still in the ProgramFiles-directory and so it might be a matter of security (see error: This process will not allow a profiler to attach)?
I also tried with the scr-file in the root, but then a .NET error says ‘System.IO.FileNotFoundException’ and ‘failure initializing profiling API attach infrastructure’ as well.

Thanks again! :smile:
Grtz,

It’s almost certainly because the user the screensaver is running as will be the SYSTEM account - and that account won’t have the configuration required for the screensaver to run.

If you create a scheduled task to run the player options as the SYSTEM account it may then allow you to save the configuration settings required to make it work.

Sorry for the late response guys!
I’ve been trying to get this to work, using your suggestions. But unfortunately I didn’t succeed.
This is much harder to accomplish than it seems in the first place!!!
Unless you guys have some more ideas, it’s back to the drawingboard for me. :wink:

Many thanks!
Grtz,

Hi :wink:

Well no, we don’t have any new ideas about this, as I said we didn’t test it, but you are more than welcome to come up with some nice solution and then share it with us and rest of the community.