Linux Player - Technology Preview 1.8-alpha7

Today we're making available another preview of the forthcoming Player for Linux.

This new version has the following changes over 1.8-alpha6:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.xibo.org.uk/linux-player-technology-preview-1-8-alpha7/

wowowowwwwwooooooo :slight_smile:

Is that xibo-player.options writing a config file somewhere ?
As the old python client worked with the site.cfg file which was terribly useful to make the player load its settings in an autoconf workflow system…

Found !

cmsSettings.xml…
Great !

Must still be a bug. Can not use if port is not 80. I have mine set to 8080. i get an error about 1.xlf unexpected end of data and when you view it it is trying to access the server on port 80.

I get the same error with 1.xlf: unexpected end of data.

The instructions for installing the Xibo Player for Linux are at best scanty and barebones only. There is no indication of how to get the Linuix xibo-player to run headless on a Linux box, no instruction or help to resolve the “permission denied” on GTK when running on an Ubuntu 18:04.3 desktop, and there is no instructions or listss showing what commands you can use with XMR like how to reboot the player itself or to reboot the client machine etc.

1 Like