Layout only works on CMS

Hi, (sorry my English is pretty bad) I’m using the version 1.7.5 and when I want to set a default layout, my client show an error “Layout invalid : 9” and spam “Prepare Layout failed. Exeption raised was : default layout” and “layout changed to fail. Exeption raised was : default layout” but my CMS tell me the layout is fine…

I already tried this :Why won't my layout play? / The splash screen plays instead of my layout

I also tried to restart my client/cms, delete and reinstall display with a different key.

Thanks, Noé.

Can you confirm that there are no empty regions on your Default Layout and there is at least one region in the Layout? The error you have mentioned in your post references Layout ID 9. Can you confirm that the Layout you are trying to set as Default is indeed Layout ID 9?

You are welcome to export the Layout you are having an issue with to the below link so I can test it on my CMS. If you would prefer, you can let me know the link address of the Layout in a private message.

https://transfer.xibo.org.uk/

I would also strongly recommend upgrading your CMS to the latest version (currently 1.8.11) as many bugs will have been fixed since the version you are currently running.

Many Thanks.

I’m sure my layout ID is 9 and there are no empty regions, there is only one region.

Thank you for confirming. Can you send me a Status screenshot from your Player? For Android, click the screen while the Xibo app is running and choose Status from the Action Bar. On Windows, press the i key on your keyboard while the Xibo Player is running.

I would still recommend upgrading the CMS to the latest version to see if the issue is resolved. As mentioned previously, I’m happy to take a look at the Layout and run it on my CMS.

Many Thanks.

Excuse me for being late, i’ll try to upgrade to 1.8.x,
This is the screenshot :

You were right, I upgraded the CMS to the latest version and now its working !
Thanks a lot !

Excellent news. I’m glad you are up and running.

Many Thanks.