Layout changes it size on the TV while is displaying

Hello, we are having an issue with some layouts, we are using the Xibo client 1.6, on a server with Windows 2008 R2, and the computers are running on Windows 7, and others Windows 8.1.
The layouts that we are using are formatted on the 16:9 Full screen, and are being displayed on TV’s on a resolution 1920 x 1080.
The weird thing is that for some reason is changing the size back and forward. one time is displaying full screen and the next time the size is reduced leaving a black frame on the TV. The next time again is correct and then the black frame appears again, and this cycle continues.
I already tried to recreate the Layouts, and used the 16:10 but the problem persists.

Is there any way we can correct this issue?

Any particular reason to still use such an old version?

If not, we’d highly recommend upgrade to 1.7.8 (both CMS and players).

If your tvs has 1920x1080 resolution and your layout has 1920x1080 resolution (and images etc also are in this resolution) then everything should work just fine - that being said, it’s quite possible that there was some bugs with it in earlier Xibo versions.

1920x1080 is a 16:9 aspect ratio, not 16:10. If your layouts are 16:10, then you will get black bars when the Player comes to show the layout.

Ensure all your layouts you display on that screen are designed for 16:9 aspect ratio if you don’t want black bars.

I seem to be having a similar problem with 1.8rc1. We use two Layouts:

• 256x1080 (left panel)
  • 1664x1080 (right panel)

Display OS is Windows 7. When we start the player, it looks fine. At some point during the day it does one of two things:

1. It “shrinks” so that the Layout background is dominant around the edges, or
  2. It “expands” so that the content is blown out - oversized, if you will.

I don’t have a current screen shot of #2 but I saved an example of #1 along with two “normal” views (attached). If I can get a screen shot of #2 I’ll reply here and attach it.

What could cause content displayed within Layouts to change size during playback?

Xibo Content Size Change examples.pdf (361.0 KB)

As luck would have it I found a Display exhibiting the “expanded” problem. I’ve attached a screen shot.

Xibo Content Size Change example - Part 2.pdf (170.5 KB)

OK - I figured out my problem. The displays that were having problems were set to a display resolution of 1024x768 and I’m using Layouts that cover 1920x1080. Once I adjusted the display resolution on the failing players the issue went away.

So bottom line: Be ABSOLUTELY certain your Layout resolution settings match your player’s display resolution settings!