Javascript in conjunction with Ticker

I’m trying to implement a calendar interface on a region by using Oulook.com rss resource. The problem is that Outlook’s rss send all information (date, time, place, who) all togheter within the tag “content” as per bellow:

<content type="html">&lt;table style="font-family:tahoma;font-size:11px"&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td style="vertical-align:top" align="right"&gt;&lt;b&gt;Início:&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td style="width:10px" align="right" /&gt;&lt;td&gt;domingo, 5 de julho de 2015 10:00 (E. South America Standard Time)&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td style="vertical-align:top" align="right"&gt;&lt;b&gt;Fim:&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td style="width:10px" align="right" /&gt;&lt;td&gt;domingo, 5 de julho de 2015 12:00 (E. South America Standard Time)&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;</content>

So, in order to show the information correctly, I need first to treat that some way and separate in parts. I’m think in get the content tag from the ticker tool and include Javascript code to make the separation. Is it possible to use Javascript within Ticker tool?

Thank you,

Beto Araujo
Optiart Brazil

Blimey, that is a nasty way to provide a feed… :scream:

Assuming you have a [Content] substitution, Xibo will deliver that content to the player and output it (encoded) anywhere that holds the [Content] tag. Parsing that out in JavaScript might be difficult.

It might be better to create a CMS module which extends the Ticker module. You could then override GetResource and intercept the $items returned from getRssItems. Your parsing could then be done CMS side.

Hello, Dan

Yes, It’s hard to understand the Microsoft’s way of doing some thing…

I understood what you mean and I’ll follow that direction. I’ll post the results as soon as I get any advance.

Thank you!

Beto

1 Like