I am having issues playing my layout after updating my CMS and players. Everything migrated just fine but now it is stuck on the splash screen and will not play a layout even when I schedule it.
Steps I have taken:
- removed displays and reauth
- unscheduled layouts and then scheduled
It seems as if the player will download assets and then stop
My profile says to collect at 1 min intervals, I changed it from 5 min
Anybody have any thoughts?
Thank you for your message and welcome to the Xibo Forum! Please provide more information about your issue, for example:
- What version did you upgrade to?
- What Player version are you using?
- Are the Layouts showing as valid in the Layouts view?
- If you are using Version 2 of CMS, are the Layouts showing a status of Published?
- If you check the Logs menu in your CMS, are you seeing any errors for your Display?
I guess there was an issue with migration so I performed a clean install of the CMS, new database and all and it seems to have fixed the problem. Luckily I didn’t have much going on so performing a clean install wasn’t too big of a deal.
There is an issue with the screensaver on a windows client after upgrade… It freezes after a while whilst playing. Is anyone else having an issue?
Thank you for the update on the issue. I’m sorry to hear you had to perform a clean install but I’m glad that the issue is now resolved.
Regarding the issue you’re having with your Screensaver, can you provide more information about this so I can test it to see if I can also replicate the issue? Please confirm:
- The Version of the Player.
- The Version of Windows the Player is installed in.
- What media type of Media is in your Layout. If you can provide a download link where I can try a copy of your Layout on my own Player, this would be ideal but otherwise I will try to create a Layout very similar to yours.
- After how long is this happening?
- Are you seeing any errors for the Player in your CMS tat would help to understand the issue?