Issues with 2.1.1 - Need Help

I am having issues playing my layout after updating my CMS and players. Everything migrated just fine but now it is stuck on the splash screen and will not play a layout even when I schedule it.

Steps I have taken:

• removed displays and reauth
  • unscheduled layouts and then scheduled

It seems as if the player will download assets and then stop

My profile says to collect at 1 min intervals, I changed it from 5 min

Anybody have any thoughts?

Thank you for your message and welcome to the Xibo Forum! Please provide more information about your issue, for example:

• What version did you upgrade to?
  • What Player version are you using?
  • Are the Layouts showing as valid in the Layouts view?
  • If you are using Version 2 of CMS, are the Layouts showing a status of Published?
  • If you check the Logs menu in your CMS, are you seeing any errors for your Display?

Many Thanks.

I guess there was an issue with migration so I performed a clean install of the CMS, new database and all and it seems to have fixed the problem. Luckily I didn’t have much going on so performing a clean install wasn’t too big of a deal.

There is an issue with the screensaver on a windows client after upgrade… It freezes after a while whilst playing. Is anyone else having an issue?

Thank you for the update on the issue. I’m sorry to hear you had to perform a clean install but I’m glad that the issue is now resolved.

Regarding the issue you’re having with your Screensaver, can you provide more information about this so I can test it to see if I can also replicate the issue? Please confirm:

• The Version of the Player.
  • The Version of Windows the Player is installed in.
  • What media type of Media is in your Layout. If you can provide a download link where I can try a copy of your Layout on my own Player, this would be ideal but otherwise I will try to create a Layout very similar to yours.
  • After how long is this happening?
  • Are you seeing any errors for the Player in your CMS tat would help to understand the issue?

Many Thanks.