Issue Uploading Files - File too Small

Hi,
We have encountered an issue uploading files to our Library in the CMS. When we attempt to upload a file we receive the error “File is too Small”. I have tried different file sizes ranging from 164 kb to 15mb with no change. We have recently migrated our CMS to a new server, this also entailed a version change from 1.8.13 to 2.3.2. Prior to the migration and update the upload to Library worked fine. I have checked permissions on both the Library and Web folders and I believe they are set correctly. I have also tried going up to Version 2.3.7 without any resolution to the issue.

I have enabled debugging and this is the last upload related Log Entry I can Find

Hand off to Upload Handler with options: {“userId”:1,“controller”:{},“oldMediaId”:null,“widgetId”:null,“updateInLayouts”:0,“deleteOldRevisions”:0,“allowMediaTypeChange”:0,“displayOrder”:null,“playlistId”:null,“upload_dir”:“C:\inetpub\sites\Xibo\LIB_Files\temp/”,“download_via_php”:true,“script_url”:"/library",“upload_url”:"/library",“image_versions”:[],“accept_file_types”:"/\.mp3|wav|swf|ttf|otf|eot|svg|woff|js|html|htm|htz|jpg|jpeg|png|bmp|gif|pdf|apk|ipk|wgt|ppt|pps|pptx|json|wmv|avi|mpg|mpeg|webm|mp4|m4v$/i",“libraryLimit”:0,“libraryQuotaFull”:false,“expires”:0}

Server Specifications

• Server 2016 with IIS
  • PHP 7.2.31
  • MySQL 5.6.49

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

File uploads are handled by PHP until they are actually on the disk of the server, and then Xibo gets the file.

I would suggest therefore it’s likely PHP settings that are causing this. You’d need to check the PHP settings pertaining to file uploads and make sure they are sensible.

The other possible option is filesystem permissions, especially as this is on Windows and is a custom install. You need to make sure IIS has permission to write to the whole of the library directory you’ve configured, and to wherever PHP’s file upload temporary directory is too.

Hi Alex
Thanks for your suggestions, I had checked the permissions on the Xibo library directory but not the default PHP temp directory (C:\Windows\Temp). However it appears as if the permissions on the Temp directory are not the issue as when I initiate an upload a phpXXX.tmp file is created with a file size matching that of the file I’m uploading, but the file never makes it to the Xibo library and I receive the File is too Small error.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.