Issue: minimum time for schedule

Hi everyone.
I’m using xibo 1.8.1 with windows client. after more and more test I’ve verified that if I schedule a layout for less than 10 hours, the schedule is ignored.
I verified, my client is set to timezone GMT+2 (Rome), and also the server on the same timezone. all in 24 hour format.
for example:
now is 17:55 (6,00 pm). I did a schedule for only today, from 08:00 to 18:00, the schedule doesn’t start (i continue to see the default layout associated to client)
if I move the schedule from 7:00 to 18:00 (11 hours) the schedule now WORK!
I wait the clock for 18:00, and at 18 o clock the schedule stop playing.

So, I see that is not a timezone issue, because end time is ok, but seems to be a “minimum time” of schedule, and it works only if is more than 10 hours.

do you know there is a parameter to specify this “minimum time”?
note I’m using the “custom daypart” for schedule, I also used a defined daypart, but with same issue.

can be a problem related to my 24 hour format?

thank you for your precious time.
regards,
Luca Bartolini

That’s interesting, could you show me a screenshot of status window on your device please? (when you’ve scheduled something to it that is not displayed).

If you use ‘Schedule now’ from layouts page for example, does that change the layout?
If you change the default layout to something else, does that affect your display as well?

hi peter, thank you for you reply.
I paste screenshot of the scheduled event (now is 29/06/2017 17:29:00)
I set client update every 1 minute, to have quick response.
I also paste the screenshot of client info panel and the status window from xibo CMS.

note that the layout named “standard” is the default layout (set on the display default layout), and the layout “fullscreen” is the new layout that I want to schedule from 17:00 to 20:00.
if I use “schedule now” the result is the same. but if I modify the schedule and I set from 6:00 to 20:00 the schedule works and the layout on the client change.

if I change the default layout on the display, the layout change affect on the client.

thanks,
Luca

note: there are several errors named “empty file”, I think belongs to twitter module, I don’t know why, but I see they aren’t related to this issue. I have the problem also if I schedule simple layouts with only a text message inside.

Why is it your player local library pointed to AppData folder?
Could you changed it to the default path, at least for now ie C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Xibo Library

Actually, could you upgrade your CMS to 1.8.2, make sure everything functions correctly, including XMR if possible, that the server date&time is correct etc

Completely uninstall your windows client - remove the config from AppData/Roaming/

On PC with player, make sure that the date&time is correct as well, install fresh 1.8.2 Xibo for Windows in the default path using the default library path, connect it to the CMS, make sure it can display the default layout fine, then try to schedule different layout.