Installing on windows 10

Unable to start: The running command stopped because the preference variable “ErrorActionPreference” or common parameter is set to Stop: ‘MobyLinuxVM’ failed to start.

This is really starting to be frustrating. In any environemnt I am trying to install there is another problem. I managed to install this system only on a regular Windows 10 Desktop computer, but when I try to install it on a server such as windows 2012, windows 10 etc. I get a lot of errors.

This log is after trying to install Docker for windows on a windows 10 VM over a Hyper-V host:

Failed to start the virtual machine ‘MobyLinuxVM’ because one of the Hyper-V components is not running.

‘MobyLinuxVM’ failed to start. (Virtual machine ID 290BC3F2-E709-4412-9E5D-F1DE77CD49A0)

The Virtual Machine Management Service failed to start the virtual machine ‘MobyLinuxVM’ because one of the Hyper-V components is not running (Virtual machine ID 290BC3F2-E709-4412-9E5D-F1DE77CD49A0).
at Start-MobyLinuxVM, : line 291
at , : line 386
at Docker.Backend.ContainerEngine.Linux.DoStart(Settings settings)
at Docker.Backend.ContainerEngine.Linux.Start(Settings settings)
at Docker.Core.Pipe.NamedPipeServer.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.b__0(Object[] parameters)
at Docker.Core.Pipe.NamedPipeServer.RunAction(String action, Object[] parameters)

If you’re running on Windows 10 64 bit, then you should be installing Docker for Windows.

The error you’re getting sounds to me like perhaps the settings on the Windows 10 VM aren’t right, and so the VM Docker is creating isn’t able to run. Look for anything to do with VTd or virtualisation extensions or settings in the CPU setup for your Windows 10 VM.

We don’t write Docker, and we do our best to support it here, but you might need to take your issue with Docker to their forums where they have a more detailed knowledge of what is required, or, as I suggested in your previous thread, avoid double-virtualisation and install on a Linux-based VM.