Installation resets to requirements steps

I installed Mysql and php according to the manuals.
When I launch localhost/Xibo it says that all requirements were met.
In the step next to that I choose to create a database, I fill in all the requirements but when I click next it just reset back to the requirements page.
I tested the mysql username and password and they are correct.

Which version are you trying to install?

The installer uses sessions to remember which step its on - it might be that your PHP install doesn’t have sessions enabled?

Hi Dan,

I installed the latest version 1.7.5 and followed the recommendations stated in the installation guides on the site.
I believe that the php install is sessions enabled unless you need to enable this somewhere else than in the php.ini file.

Regards,

Stijn

Sessions are usually enabled to be honest, although some hosts do have various security apps install onto php which play with sessions a little.

I’m not sure what to suggest unfortunately - cases of this have always been environment related.

You could try and adjust the error logging mode at the top of /lib/include.php to say error_reporting(E_ALL) and `ini_set(‘display_errors’, 1); to see if there are any additional messages presented when it redirects.

Hi Dan,

I finally found the error.
In the manual, it says to set max size as > 128M
I interpreted this as it can be more than 128, especially since the prerequisites check did not prevent the installation from proceeding with this setting, but only gave a warning.
After I set it to 128M, it worked.

Regards,

Stijn

I’ve no idea why that would be a problem - but I am pleased you have it resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.