Improve CMS - how far can I customize my CMS?

Hey guys! All right with you? I hope so!

Here is my question:
How far can I customize my CMS and still keep it compatible with Xibo support? (For example: migrations, bug fixes, etc.)

What can I NOT change about the structure of the Xibo CMS?

Can I change the content of the files, but keep the same file names?

Hello, that depends of your type of installation.

For a total custom deployment in a IIS / Wamp-Xampp / Apache environment, the support service is very limited. It’s normal because tons of possibilities in server configs, OS, comportments, libraries etc… that make assistance a little bit harder and longer than usual to isolate some errors which for the most part will be due to the environment but not to the application itself. Xibo technical teams prefer to stay within their scope of action and guide us on deployment.

If U want to keep some support we recommand to deploy under Docker environment or use the cloud installation provided by Xibo team.

The best way is obviously the Cloud solution, if an error occurs, they can investigate immediatly in their own environment.

You can customize the interface to make it look like you want, however, modifying behaviors and interdependencies can cause operational issues.
Do not forget that during updates some files will be overwritten and will return to their default version.

This does not prevent you from modifying EVERYTHING, however the more deeply you will modify, the less technical services will be able to follow you in case of a problem.

Hope that should help U.

1 Like

Hi Pitoco02, you need to be more specific when you say “Customize my CMS”, what are you asking? Are you wanting to customize the look and feel of the CMS dealing with the Theme’s? Or are you wanting to add functionality that does not exist? Or do you want to integrate the CMS with another application?

We need more information, more specifics to answer your question, it is way to broad.

Kyle

1 Like