How does the Logged in field work?

Hey guys,

Just wondering, how does the Logged In field work on the Users list screen? I was looking at it this morning, trying to see if the server was clear for updating from 1.8.5 to 1.8.7 and it’s a bit confusing. It shows almost everyone as being logged in, even though they last logged in days ago.

I’m pretty sure that they’re not actually logged in, since a user session will time out after ten or fifteen minutes of inactivity. What is this column showing?

That is slightly strange, if you look at the Sessions page are the sessions for those users somehow still not expired?

Here’s our sessions tab. It shows four that are “active”, though three have already passed the expiration date.

I don’t know why the other users show as logged in if they don’t have sessions.

I had a more detailed look at those now.

The user logged in is definitely off (unless users specifically log out then that status might not get changed correctly) - https://github.com/xibosignage/xibo/issues/1446

Sessions - that should be more reliable, although it’s showing raw data without any calculations, as such due to php nature of closing sessions it might sometimes show slightly inaccurate data.

With that being said, I don’t see any reason that would stop you from upgrading your CMS.

Yeah, the upgrade went just fine. I was just checking to see if anyone was logged into the server before taking it down and that’s when I noticed the user thing.

Thanks for looking into the user status thing.