How does campaign work?

I am trying to use campaign but I have several open questions.

Let;'s imagine, I have 2 layouts with timeline for 15sec in both, for the simple case, each layout has a zone in which there are 2 full screen images one is 7secs duration and another one is 8secs… So, I added 2 layouts into a campaign.

My question is: how long each layout stays on screen? How long do I need to wait in order to see the layout is changed.

But my original question is as follows:
I have time to time cases, when I programed an layout for a full day event but for a specific period of time (1 or 2h during a day), additional layout comes and I have to show them both on a device.

What is the best way to support such a scenario? In my case, I use Xibo 1.6.4 Windows player, If I program 1 full day event and after some time add another layout for a specific period of time, the first one stays on my screens…

Thank you for any tips or explanations, Vlad.

For your first question, since the total duration of each layout is 15 seconds, each will appear for 15 seconds, in rotation.

For your “original” question, I’m not entirely clear what you want to achieve but hopefully the below will cover it.

Assuming two layouts “A” and “B”, and the total duration of A is 30 seconds, and total duration of B is 45 seconds. Layout A is scheduled to run from 9 AM to 9 PM, and layout B scheduled to run from 12 PM to 2 PM.

If the Priority checkbox is not ticked for either of them.
9AM - 12PM: layout A
12PM - 2PM: layouts A and B alternating (A for 30 seconds, then B for 45 seconds)
2PM - 9PM: layout A

If the Priority checkbox is ticked for B only.
12PM - 2PM: layout B

If the Priority checkbox is ticked for A only.
12PM - 2PM: layout A
(You’ll never see layout B.)

If the Priority checkbox is ticked for both A and B, then the results will be the same as if it was not ticked for either.

If two layouts are scheduled for the same time but only one ever appears, one of its media may have a long duration. Check your layout for this and shorten it if possible.

1 Like