Group Permissions for Media Don't Allow Delete

I’m noticing that users who are in the same group are unable to delete media uploaded by users in those same groups. I also tested it with two groups and two users (screenshots below) and ran into the same issue. Over time, this tends to become a headache for users since they’ll have to manually add the ability for others to delete media for every file they upload. For the example I’m giving, I used the “group write” permission for media. Having the ability for users in a group to delete other media would be a HUGE help. Maybe include it in the next release? :smiley:

Thank you for the information and screenshots.

In your screenshot showing the testpackageuser, there is an option in the drop down menu under Delete named Permissions, can you send me a screenshot of this page please?

Many Thanks.

Here’s a screenshot. It shows the default file permissions for the test.jpg I was using. I think it would be more beneficial to include the “delete” as a default permission for a group.

Maybe for the Media and/or Layout Permissions in Settings > Permissions use:
Private
Group (Read)
Group Write (which includes ability to edit, not delete)
Group Read / Write / Delete ← Add this ?
Public
Public Write

Thanks for taking the time to look into this!

Thank you for the screenshot. I will feed back to the Development team about adding a Group Read/Write/Delete option to the Layout and Media Permissions options in the CMS Settings.

Ticking the Delete boxes will allow those who are part of the Group to Delete the Media. Please note you will need to check the delete option for all media items that you wish to be able to be deleted by other members of the Group.

Many Thanks.

Thanks! Much appreciated