Group admin of specific group

Hi everyone,
Please, Is there a a choice how can I specify a some user as a group admin of specific group?.. For example
I have a users: “xxx”, “Tester1”, “Tester2”
I have a groups: “group1”, “group2”, “group3”

and I need to say…
Tester1 is a groupadmin of group1 where is user xxx too.
Both are members of group2.
Tester1 can add new users into his group, but he cant do it for group2,because he didnt a group admin of these group.

Thanks,

----Patrik----

Can you confirm if you are referring to the User Group or Display Group?

Many Thanks.

To User Group

Thanks

Thank you for confirming. You can set whether a User is a Group Admin in the Users option in your CMS. Click the down facing arrow at the end of the User row that you wish to set as Group Admin and choose Edit from the drop down menu. You will see a field named User Type, this is where you can set the User as Group Admin.

Please note that a Group Admin User will be a Group Admin of all User Groups that they are a member of. In your original post you used 3 Groups as an example. In this example, Tester1 as a Group Admin user, will be a Group Admin of group1 and group2, as they are a member of both User Groups. They cannot be a member of group1 and group2 but only be Admin for one of those Groups.

Many Thanks.

Yes, I know this options,but… I need to be a group admin only in one groups is there a chance how can that tell to developer of Xibo to implement that? Because I think its a good idea to start used it.

----Patrik----

Thank you for your reply. I will feed this back to the Development department and create a Features post to ensure the request is considered. I cannot guarantee that the functionality will be included in a future release however I do understand why it would be desirable.

Many Thanks.

Easy case…
You have some teams(groups) where you choose one users as a groupadmin and he can add into his team a new users to control his display. Groups like this you have a lot. Users from another team cannot control his display/content/etc… But all of users in Xibo can share a content to users from another team where is not a member.

I have created a Feature post and linked your posts for further information. Thank you for providing a scenario that this functionality can be applied to.

Many Thanks.