Grey bar in layout on some displays

Hello all,

I’ve signed up for an account on here today because there’s a persistent problem I can’t quite put my finger on, and I hope you can help me with it.

I’m a system admin at a a hospital in the Netherlands, and we’ve been using Xibo for quite some time now. I’m not that familiair with anything besides the basic functions, so please bear with me :slight_smile:

The issue I’m experiencing is that on some of our displays there’s a grey bar along the bottom of the screen on all slides. This layout is used on a lot of displays, but only on some the grey bar manifests itself.

I’ve checked the layout, the template and the Display settings, but I can’t figure it out.

The layout consists of three parts, which are the image box, a title box and a text box. I can’t upload more than one image in my first post, but I’ll try to add it later.

I hope you can point me in the right direction. If there’s any additional info required, I’m happy to provide it.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Ramon

Thank you for your message and sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. can you confirm the following:

• What version of the Xibo Player are you using and on what OS?
  • What version of CMS are you using?
  • Are all of your Players using the same screen resolution?
  • Are there any other differences between the players/devices which are experiencing the grey bar issue?

If you can export a copy of your layout and send me a link in a private message, I would be happy to take a closer look at it on my own Displays.

Many Thanks.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for getting back to me.

To answer your questions:

• What version of the Xibo Player are you using and on what OS? Version 1.8.8 on Windows 7 clients.
  • What version of CMS are you using? 1.8.11
  • Are all of your Players using the same screen resolution? Yes.
  • Are there any other differences between the players/devices which are experiencing the grey bar issue? No, they’re identical PCs with the exact same image installed on them.
    I’ll see if I can get you the export.

Kind regards,

Ramon

Thank you for the answers to my questions.

My first recommendation would be to upgrade the Players to 1.8.12 - 133. below is a link to the installer for that version of the Player:

https://github.com/xibosignage/xibo-cms/releases/download/1.8.12/xibo-client-1.8.12-win32-x86.msi

To upgrade the Players, simply copy the msi file onto the device and double click to start the upgrade. You do not need to uninstall the previous version before doing this. I would also recommend restarting the device running the Player after you have completed the upgrade.

If the issue persists, please let me know and if possible pass on an exported copy of the Layout for testing. I can then run this on my Windows 7 and 10 devices to see if I can locate the cause of the issue. If any of the elements of your Layout are confidential, I would recommend sending a download link to me in a private message.

I also noticed that I asked if all of the players are using the same screen resolution but did not ask what that resolution is. Can you confirm the screen resolution of the monitors connected to your Windows devices? Can you also confirm that the Layout resolution matches the screen resolution? You can confirm this by selecting the Layouts option in your CMS, click the down facing arrow at the end of the Layout and choose Edit from the menu. Under the Background tab you will see the Resolution field.

I would also recommend making sure that all of the devices are up to date, regarding hardware drivers and Windows itself. It may be that the PC’s are identical but not all of them are up to date.

Many Thanks.