GetResource call, What to send in the soap envelope? Android

Greetings again,

I’m trying to make my own android app for xibo, I managed to use RegisterDisplay/RequiredFiles/GetFile I got the layout id from the RequiredFiles call and then the mediaId/regionId/ from the decoded xml file of the layout. However when I try to use GetResource I get a “Requested an invalid file.” when I want to test before coding on postman :confused: . Below my postman envelope and the xml data of the layout:

Postman envelope I tested with:

<tns:GetResource>

<serverKey xsi:type="xsd:string">mykey</serverKey>
  <hardwareKey xsi:type="xsd:string">smthing</hardwareKey>
  <layoutId xsi:type="xsd:string">3</layoutId>
  <regionId xsi:type="xsd:string">5</regionId>
  <mediaId xsi:type="xsd:string">5</mediaId>

</tns:GetResource>

Xml layout data decoded:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<layout width="1920" height="1080" bgcolor="#000" schemaVersion="3">
<region id="5" width="902.4000" height="1080.0000" top="0.0000" left="1015.2001"><options/>
<media id="5" type="image" render="native" duration="10" useDuration="0" fileId="21"><options><uri>21.jpg</uri></options><raw/></media>
<media id="6" type="video" render="native" duration="0" useDuration="0" fileId="22">
<options><uri>22.mp4</uri><mute>0</mute></options><raw/></media></region>
<region id="6" width="892.8000" height="1012.8000" top="50.0001" left="50.0000">
<options/><media id="7" type="video" render="native" duration="1" useDuration="0" fileId="22">
<options><uri>22.mp4</uri><mute>0</mute></options><raw/></media></region><tags/></layout>

Any idea what I’m missing?
Also, let’s say I got all the data I need from the CMS, if I understand correctly I need to put the info from GetResource into a web view no?

I’d really appreciate any help, this is currently my end of studies project and I want to finish it as soon as possible.

PS: On a side note, do you recommend using Retrofit? I’m currently using AsyncTask but I’v read Retrofit is faster.

I verified the parameters and their content and they were all correct, I even compared them with the cms and they check out. I’m at my wit’s end :frowning:

GetResource is for downloading HTML resources. There aren’t any in the layout you’ve given as an example, and the CMS will only allow you to download resources that the Player needs to show what it has been scheduled to show.

If you’re looking to download video files, then that’s GetFile not GetResource.

1 Like