German (or non english) language on date output from datasets

CMS Version

Player Type

latest android player

Issue

Hello Team, I opened a ticket, but maybe someone els is also interested in this:
I tried a lot to get a german date format (incl. german names for days and month) on my display output from a dataset:

• settings in 3.0.2 CMS are set to de
  • formula is used in the dataset
  • lc_time_names is changed by our IT:
    mysql> SELECT @@lc_time_names;
    ±----------------+
    | @@lc_time_names |
    ±----------------+
    | en_US |
    ±----------------+
    1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SET lc_time_names = ‘de_DE’;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.03 sec)

mysql> SELECT @@lc_time_names;
±----------------+
| @@lc_time_names |
±----------------+
| de_DE |
±----------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Still do not get the result as expected. The output on preview and on player is still in english (Sunday instead of Sonntag).
Is it not possible? Or do I miss something?

See screenshots

Best Regards
Heiki

Thank you for your message. I have responded to your ticket in the help desk but will also answer on the forum, in case other users have the same question.

You can find instructions on how to set the language for your dataset data in the documentation for datasets, under the section named 2. Create and Configure Columns.

Many Thanks.

Hello Dan,
thank you for the quick answer. I will find someone inhouse who knows how to get this info into code.

I always need an example that I can change, because I have no idea of these syntax etc.

When I get it solved, I will post an example of the formula here.

Thank you!

Hi heiko.

Just in case, here is an example of the formula that may help yourself and others:

I used the following formula and can see the language has changed and is formatted as I expected:

$dateFormat(col2, l j F Y H:i,de)

You can see that when I set a date in col2 that Col1 has formatted it based on the above formula:

Many Thanks.

This is great, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.