File types and timeline permissions

Hi,

We’ve setup our system and are now trying to configure permissions on various items in the system. I’ve created a user group and assigned permissions to it, then added users to it, but I’m not able to find where I would assign permissions so that the user is able to edit/delete items from region’s timeline.

Secondly, we’d like to play .m4v files on our displays, I noticed that file type isn’t available by default, is there a workaround other than converting it to .mp4 format?

Thanks,

OZ

Hi,

Regarding permissions - I’ll assume that everything in Menu/Page security is as you would like it to be. So your new user should be able to create new layouts with media from library (if you gave permission to it). As for existing layouts (and media for that matter) you will need to assign permission directly for layout (on layouts page) to view/edit/delete.

.m4v if I am not mistaken is basically .mp4 with DRM and small changes by Apple, you will need to convert it to .mp4 - but that shouldn’t be a problem - as long as they aren’t protected, I am no expert when it comes to Apple products.

Permissions for layout:
DESIGN -> Layouts -> dropdown menu on the right -> Permissions

Permissions for region:
DESIGN -> Layouts -> dropdown menu on the right -> Design -> Region drop down menu (mouse over region) -> Permissions

Permissions for region timeline item:
DESIGN -> Layouts -> dropdown menu on the right -> Design -> Region drop down menu (mouse over region) -> Edit Timeline -> Permissions