Exporting/Importing layouts between versions

Hello All,
We had run into issues upgrading from 1.7.8 to 1.8.9 on the converting layouts step, and have decided to manually skip that step and just export and reimport layouts. Is there any known compatability issue between versions such that this would not work? I found one other post that suggested an issue with a region [ Exporting/Importing Layouts 1.8.9 ], but I never saw any resolution of if it was related to the version, or otherwise.

There are no known compatabilty issues with exporting and then re-importing the layouts, when upgrading from Version 1.7 to Version 1.8.

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the converting layouts step of the upgrade process. If you can let me know what issues you are having, we can look into this further for you.

As a side note, Datasets cannot be exported from version 1.7. This is something to keep in mind if any of your current layouts are using Datasets.

Many Thanks.

Hi Dan -
Thanks for this info!

The issue we were encountering was on the step “Upgrade Layouts - Convert existing Layouts”, the installation would stop. Once we had it timeout after 30 minutes. Another attempt it never timed out, but remained on that step for upwards of an hour. Details of this and the errors my sysadmin received are in this post: [ 1.7.8 to 1.8.9 Upgrade Error ]. We’d definitely appreciate any advice you could give on this.

Thank You
KB