Exception stops layout changes

We are running xibo 1.7.x and had it working for some time. However, today when I restarted the client it won’t show any layouts other than the default. If I go to the last log i get dozens of lines mentioning Exeptions:
106779 2016-03-18 11:50:36 Client [UI Thread] MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout Layout Change to failed. Exception raised was: Default layout
106778 2016-03-18 11:50:36 Client [UI Thread] MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout Prepare Layout Failed. Exception raised was: Default layout
106777 2016-03-18 11:50:36 Client [UI Thread] MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout Layout Change to failed. Exception raised was: Default layout
106776 2016-03-18 11:50:36 Client [UI Thread] MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout Prepare Layout Failed. Exception raised was: Default layout
106775 2016-03-18 11:50:35 Client [UI Thread] MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout Layout Change to failed. Exception raised was: Default layout
106774 2016-03-18 11:50:35 Client [UI Thread] MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout Prepare Layout Failed. Exception raised was: Default layout

Any thoughts?

It could be helpful to know the exact version (and update to the newest if possible).

Did anything change? Are your layouts marked as valid in the CMS? Could you show us a screenshot of status window on your device please?

The version of the client is 1.7.6 for windows and the server 1.7.4.
As I briefly mentioned the layouts worked for this client and work for other clients still.
I’m not certain what you mean by status window on my device. Here is a list of devices we have connected:


the one failing is the last one “BABY-ONE”

If this is not the screenshot you are looking for, could you please elaborate?

And one more thing:
The only thing I remember that was a bit different I did a few days ago was to request from the server a screenshot from that client. Could that have caused something?

In an ideal scenario you’d want to have CMS and players in the same exact version and also preferably in the newest one available (1.7.6).

When Xibo client is running on your PC, you can press “i” on your keyboard to show status window and that’s what I meant. If you could show us that window, that would be great.

Your CMS screenshots shows possibly another problem, the display in question hasn’t logged in to the CMS since yesterday 14:34, while it seems to be up-to date, it may indicate some connection issues.

No, it shouldn’t cause problems, it should just send the screenshot (or fail to send it) but shouldn’t interfere with layout playback.

I attached the log of the client:
‎log.pdf (53.1 KB)
As the client is installed in a Brazilian OS some messages are in portuguese. Here are the translations:

  • A conexão subjacente estava fechada: Uma conexão que deveria ser mantida ativa foi fechada pelo servidor. → The subjacent connection was closed: A connection that should be kept active was closed by the server.

Do you know what is happening?

Here is a snapshot of the status:


We are very confused and really hoping for some hints on how to solve this serious issue that currently keeps our panesls from working.

So it says that the layout is invalid, but more than likely the issue is with the client <-> cms connection.

Since it’s not logged in and with all those web exceptions, closed connections it’s most likely causing this issue.

So,

  1. Make sure that there are no connection/internet issues and that anything in your network that could interfere with client <-> cms connection ‘knows’ to allow it.
  2. Perhaps try it with Windows client in the same version as your CMS (preferably that would be 1.7.6)

failing that, try to create a demo CMS Instance with us (Spring Signage) and see if that will work with your client.