ERROR: for xibo_cms-web_1 Cannot start service cms-web: driver failed programming external

I have seen this in a previous topic

I have set a custom port as below.
ports:
- “8099:80”

All was working the first time I ran this, I re-installed Docker and it went through a load of commands and it has not worked since.

C:\Xibo>docker-compose up -d
xibo_cms-xmr_1 is up-to-date
xibo_cms-db_1 is up-to-date
Starting xibo_cms-web_1 … error

ERROR: for xibo_cms-web_1 Cannot start service cms-web: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint xibo_cms-web_1 (8dba32b4eb20dfd73c91ad35cc9d7da2d5a06e7b7802dd0af25a75306922d291): Error starting userland proxy: Bind for 0.0.0.0:80: unexpected error Permission denied

Any guidance would be appreciated.

If I choose a new port say 8050 for the custom ports file, how does this get picked up when you run docker?

Cheers
Alan

Can you confirm the operating system you are running docker on? I would recommend restarting Docker to see if the issue is resolved.

I would also recommend making sure that no other services are using the port. Can you also include a screenshot of the results from running docker ps -a?

If you are using the cms_custom-ports.yml file, you will need to include that in your up command. So you would instead run docker-compose -f cms_custom-ports.yml up -d

I have included a link to the docker install guide, which includes instructions on setting custom ports.

https://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/install_docker_win10_64bit.html

Many Thanks.

Hi Daniel

Fixed

Thank you for the prompt response, I had overlooked/forgotten the instructions to run docker-compose -f cms_custom-ports.yml up -d to cover off the change of ports.

I must have used the command first time around, and then forgotten it, sorry for the inconvenience.