Embedded HTML issue with Player Android

Hi,
I’m testing android (1.8 R108) and windows(1.8.10) demo players and I’m having some issues with Embedded HTML widget when the player is without internet.
I’d created a layout with an embedded widget and wroute a simple html inside:
“div-tag>SOME WORDS</div tag>”
When the player has internet connection, it works fine. But without internet connection it doesn’t show the content i’ve wroute inside the div tag.
I had read about some similar issues. I’ve check the option “Enable caching of Web Resources?” and increase “Send files in advance?” number.
This same layout works fine in windows in both cases (with internet and without internet).

Is there any solution to this issue?

Thanks!

Embedded HTML is downloaded locally so should show fine offline.

The caching options only relate to external content.

You’re certain that the Player has the embedded HTML downloaded before you disconnect it? It won’t download until it has run the content for the first time in some cases.

Hi Alex,
Thank you for your answer.
I’ve test this in many android hw and also on a virtualized Android ( VirtualBox 5.2.10 and Android Lollipop if you wanna test it ).

I thought that too

And yes. I made sure it was completely downloaded. The code is as simple as I wrote it before.

I’ve made some other tests and I’ve notice that this happend after the second app restart (killing and starting it manually).

Do you have any clue?

Thanks again!

Thank you for the information you have provided regarding this issue.

I have created an Issue Report for the Development department, who will look into this further. The issue will be resolved as soon as possible.

Many Thanks.

Thanks Dan!

I will wait.

Hi Dan!

Do you’ve some news?

Thanks!

Thank you for your patience. the issue is still currently being investigated by the Development team. I have a note to contact you when the issue has been resolved so you can download and install that revision.

Many Thanks.

Hi Dan,
Do you have any update?
Thanks!

Thank you for your message. I have been testing the version 2 Xibo for Android Player and have found that the embedded HTML is remaining on my screen even after I remove the network connection. have you tried using the Version 2 Android Player to see if this resolves your issue?

Many Thanks.

Hi Dan,
I already test Xibo version 2.
The embedded html stops showing after removing the network from the player and restarting Xibo app twice.

Thanks!

I appreciate the update on this, I will further test my V2 player and update the report if necessary.

Just to clarify:

• The HTML remains on screen if you remove the network connection but don’t restart the Player?
  • Was it necessary to restart the Player twice for the HTML to be lost? Is that to say it remained stored for the first restart?

Many Thanks.

Hi Dan!

[quote=“DanBW, post:11, topic:17288”]
The HTML remains on screen if you remove the network connection but don’t restart the Player?
[/quote] Yes!

[quote=“DanBW, post:11, topic:17288”]
Was it necessary to restart the Player twice for the HTML to be lost? Is that to say it remained stored for the first restart?
[/quote] Also yes!
HTML remanins on screen if you restar the player once.

Thanks!

I appreciate the reply and answers to my questions, thank you maxi141.

Many Thanks.

Hi Dan,
Do you have any update?
I’ve tested CMS 2.1.0 and the latest version of Xibo for Android (v2 R202) and I got the same behavior.
Thanks!

Hi maxi141, please excuse the delayed reply.

I have also tested this on the latest Xibo for Android Player, currently the issue is still present. I have spoken to the development team who have confirmed the issue is still with them for a fix to be created for a future release of the Xibo for Android Player. I have added a note for myself to contact you once I have confirmation that the issue has been resolved. Thanks again for your patience.

Many Thanks.

Hi Dan,
Do you have any update?
Thanks!

Hi Maxi141,

I have contacted the Development team regarding this issue and can confirm it is still ongoing currently, my apologies for the time taken. I still have a note to contact you as soon as the issue is resolved, thank you very much for your patience.

Many Thanks.

Hi Maxi141,

This message is to let you know that the fix for that issue has now been completed and added to the latest Xibo for Android release, which is Version 2 R203. The APK is available at the below link:

Many Thanks.

Hi Dan,
I’ve tested yesterday and works fine!
Thanks a lot!
Best regards!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.