Linux Player Edge Channel Revision 53 available to test

Hi all,

We’ve just pushed a new build into the edge channel called Revision 53. It solves 4 problems if anyone would like to test it.

• Proof of Play stats in 1.8 are now working
  • Media Inventory always returning empty and therefore the Player never being marked as up to date in the CMS
  • Files deleted from the local library manually (not recommended) were never downloaded again, but now they are
  • Widgets were being updated each collection interval instead of obeying the updated date, they now only update if the updated date is later than the file write time

You need to be in the edge channel to receive this update. To switch to edge run the following:

snap refresh xibo-player --channel=edge

Feedback on the above 4 issues very welcome on this post - for any other issues please check that your issue isn’t already reported, and open a new topic.

Thanks,
Dan

good morning, I’m trying to install the trial version. But I get an error when I want to download the version, the error is “error: Unable to contact snap store”.
I uninstalled the version 50 that I had installed, when I want to install xibo player again I also get the error “cannot communicate with server”.
is there a problem with the server to download xibo-player?
I already tried everything thinking that it may be my OS and I can’t find an error. Update the corresponding repository but nothing.
any suggestion?
Thank you

Written with google translations

The snap store isn’t something we have any control over, its just where we publish the application. You can find it here: https://snapcraft.io/xibo-player

Thanks, I will keep trying to fix the error, so that later I can install Xibo-player.

A post was split to a new topic: Media file size limit?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.