Distinguish different users data in cms

I want to give the cms to different users. However, I don’t want them to have shared libraries or media. Should I run different instances? or is there such an option in Xibo. Cause the xibo cloud service has something like this to distinguish CMS panel for users.

Thank you for the post. Technically all Users for a CMS will have to share the same Library but that doesn’t mean they have to share the same media within it.

You can use Permissions to set the owner of a media item, as well as which Users can View, Edit or Delete that media Item.

If you go to the Media option in your CMS as an Admin User, you can click on the button at the end of a Media item and choose the Permissions option. This is what you will see:

As you can see, I can now choose who is allowed to see that Media item, as well as being able to Edit or Delete it. You can also see the names in bold are User Groups, so you could also add Users to a Group and give the Permissions to the Group, which ensures all members can see and use the same media.

I have included a link to the Permissions documentation for more information. There is also a section on page Security so you can choose what options in CMS those Users can access:

I hope this helps you to find a solution for your Users.

Many Thanks.

1 Like