Display Update Window Confusion

I’ve configured a Display Profile for WIndows clients that provides for updating from 00:00 to 23:59, but a Windows display that is configured to use that profile will not update (even though there is a Campaign scheduled to be running during the current period). When you ask the client for information (type i), it says “Schedule Status: Sleeping” and “Required File Status: Outside Download Window 23:59 - 4:49.” The Time on the client is set to local time as is that in the CMS. The Display Profile provides for updates at 15 minute intervals (it’s been several hours since the Campaign was scheduled to start). The display just runs the Default Layout set for the display and has not taken any updates made to that layout either.

Suggestions as to what might be going on (or what I am doing wrong) would be very much appreciated.

I tried to fix this by uninstalling the client, creating a new user (admin), and installing the client with that user. Now, nothing will download to the client. I get an Exception in RunL: Couldnot find the file …requiredFiles.xml and then repeated errors saying Prepare Layout Failed: Exception was raised: Default Layout and Layout ChangeTo failed Exception Raised was default layout.

There is no reason to change the download window like that, just leave it at 00:00 and 00:00 (always open).

I guess at this point you might want to uninstall Xibo client along with configuration file in:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XiboClient.config.xml

Make sure you have fully qualified path in the CMS settings (library location section - Xibo CMS Post-Installation Setup Guide)

Install Xibo for Windows as a admin user, make sure the player library is not in any shared folders (and not the same as CMS library) ie perhaps leave the default path.

Connect player to the CMS, make sure it can communicate with CMS and display the default layout.

Once that’s working try to schedule some new content. (of course make sure all layouts are valid - checkmark in CMS)

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply. I changed the download window
based on posts I saw elsewhere that appeared to be from the Xibo team because
the information screen on the client was reporting that the client was outside
the download window. I’ve change it to 00:00 to 00:00 and let it run for
a half hour (my update is set at the default :15 minutes) and the client
information screen still reports that the client I outside the download
window. I tried restarting the client, but that didn’t do the trick.

The library path is fully qualified and the user has full access
to the directory pointed to for content in the client. Everything was
installed in the default locations.

I’ll try reinstalling and deleting the client configuration file
(the only thing I didn’t delete in my previous reinstallations) after I give
the client some more time to try to update, though it hardly seems right that
it would need to wait more than 15 minutes (unless I misunderstand that
setting).

kcb

Are you certain that you changed the display profile assigned to this device?

00:00 and 00:00 means the download window is always open, so if the player has this setting, it should be inside download window all the time.

Could you show us a screenshot of status window on your device please?