Display is Slow and Choppy

I am trying to display my campaigns onto an Intel Gen. 2 Compute Stick. When i schedule it to play, it opens but with lag and faulty transitions. It will load a portion of the layout, most of the time the regions, before it displays even the background or the entire slide. Is there a quick way to cut down on the time it takes to load in and to make it appear faster?

It highly depends on the type of content you have on your layouts.

Perhaps make sure that nothing has usually large resolution/size (bitrate for videos).

I’m afraid I don’t have a intel stick to test with, but I can have a look at your layout to see if there is something that can potentially slow down the playback - you can send it to me via private message.

I only have maybe one image, clock, and text on my layout and they always transition weird. I had my campaign running all night, trying to see if it would start to smooth out, but nothing has really changed much

Unless the image is in a very high resolution/dpi, then I’d not expect any problems.

Regarding transitions transition effects are not supported on current Windows player, perhaps you have some low durations and the layout reloads too often?

That is most likely the case considering i have not changed the duration at all. How can i make it longer?

By default widgets will use the default duration set in the associated module. (which can be adjusted on Modules page)

You can change the duration only of the specific widgets, by opening layout designer, editing region timeline editing the widgets in the timeline.

Usually there will be a checkbox called Set a duration? which when enabled will allow you to set the duration of that widget.

Thank you!
I was able to change the duration from the module page like you said. Hopefully this will solve the issue with the lag on transitions. Thanks again. If it doesn’t help i will let you know.

Did you ever find a solution for this? I’m having a similar issue - Gen 2 Compute Stick aswell. First the background will load, then the regions one-by-one. They’re mostly text and a clock, no large images or anything.

Hi guys,
could you please describe your computer stick?
Model?
OS installed?

I’m using the Compute Stick BOXSTK1AW32SC.

Atom X5-Z8300, 2GB ram, Windows 10 home