Display Client Logs

Log information in Xibo for Android has been kept light to improve performance and stability. Android devices tend to be tight on memory and therefore applications are granted a limited amount of memory to use. As Xibo runs 24/7 memory usage is very important to us and generating lots of logging actually uses a lot of memory.

What logging can I get?

There are two types of log information for Android - these are messages sent to the CMS as “Error” and messages sent as “Audit”. When received by the CMS error messages are always written to the log, audit messages are only written when the “auditing” flag is enabled in the display management. All client messages are logged with the page “Client” and against the Display that sent them. You can see where this is set below:

Only the most important messages are logged.

What if my client runs offline?

Xibo for Android has a SQLLite database built in, which stores the log messages before they are sent - this means it can run offline for an extended period of time without loosing log information. The client must be on-line to send its messages.

Can I see any log messages on the client side?

The last 5 log messages are shown on the client status screen which are useful for “immediate” debugging. These will be removed as they are sent to the CMS.

The status of each communication call to the CMS is also recorded for easy debugging.

Xibo for Android won't update from the CMS
Introduction / Table of Contents