Deleted media reappears in library and on disk!

Hello all. I’m having a really odd problem - I have some media in my library that I just cannot delete!

My installation
My installation started in Windows in XAMPP, which I later migrated to docker. I’m running the latest Xibo images (CMS 3.0.3, XMR 0.8) with MySQL 5 as my database, running on Ubuntu 20.04.3.

What’s happening
A while ago, a user uploaded some fonts unnecessarily when uploading a folder full of media. We don’t need them, so I’ve tried deleting them from the library. I get no errors at the time of deleting them, but when I log back in the next day, they’ve reappeared! References appear in the library again, and there are even files on disk!

What I’ve tried
Manually removing the files from disk, and removing the references to the files in the ‘media’ table of the database doesn’t work as a permanent fix - I did that yesterday, and checking back in again today, the files are back in my media library, and there are associated files on disk, just as if I use the Xibo GUI.
(I haven’t checked if the files are valid fonts, or just null files of the same length.)

Does anyone have any clue as to what is happening and how I can stop it?!

Hello and welcome to the Community!

The fonts that are shipped with Xibo will be re-installed if deleted from the CMS library when the Daily Maintenance task runs or when verifying all modules is run.

You should be able to remove any additional fonts (not the built in ones), please do let us know if this is not the case.

Thank you

Ooooooh… Well now I feel daft! That’s exactly what they are!
I’ve shuffled them in to a media folder out of the way so I don’t have to think about them any more.
Thank you for the clarification.

If anyone else has found themselves confused by a similar experience, the built-in fonts for the CKEditor module are currently (v3.0.3):

• Aileron Heavy Regular (Aileron-Heavy.otf)
  • Aileron Regular (Aileron-Regular.otf)
  • Dancing Script Regular (DancingScript-Regular.ttf)
  • Railway Regular (Railway.ttf)
  • Linear Regular (linear-by-braydon-fuller.otf)
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.