[Debian] Problem with upgrading Xibo Server - no prerequisites

Hello,

I’m a happy Xibo user for years.
All server upgrades went smooth from the versions 1.4.x to 1.6.4.
Recently I tried to upgrade to the version 1.7.4 and it was not possible because intaller didn’t detect any prerequisites. Then I tried 1.7.3 and had the same problem.
Then I tried upgrade to 1.7.0. It didn’t show any prerequisites but it allowed me to upgrade. Then I upgraded to 1.7.1. This one succeeded as well. Then I tried 1.7.2 and this one lets me only re-check for prerequisites. So at the moment the latest Xibo I’m able to use is 1.7.1.
This version works fine for me. However I see one warning which is not documented anywhere in Xibo (or I’m too stupid to find it). It says: ‘There is a problem with this installation. “install.php” should be deleted.’.
Should I worry about this message? CMS and players work perfectly normal. Is it maybe related to the problem with upgrading that I have?
My Linux is Debian Wheezy 7.8, kernel 3.2.0-4-686
PHP 5.4.41
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.43

I’m looking forward for any suggestions.

When you upgrade, you MUST delete or move the old CMS files and then extract the new CMS files fresh. It will not work if you just overwrite the old ones.

The Release Notes give detail on exactly the steps. You should read those instructions and follow them to upgrade.

If your server was running 1.4 series then there’s a good chance it won’t meet the requirements for a 1.7 CMS so you may well need to upgrade your LAMP stack to provide the things we need now.

Thanks Alex for your quick reply.

I swear to the Random Number Generator God that I didn’t overwrite xibo folder and carefully followed instructions, like I’ve been doing for years.

I solved my problem!

After deleting my browser’s cache and cookies, the web interface from Xibo started to look much better (I saw terrible glitches before). Then I was able to see the icons representing the state of every prerequisite. After installing php5-intl, php5-curl and rechecking, I was able to click “Next”.
It worked like a charm!

So it was just my browser’s problem.

BTW. Xibo 1.7 is totally awesome!

Glad it’s sorted out now.

Alex