DataSets and Data Roots

Hello,

I’m trying to create a remote dataset that performs a get request from our JSON event feed. Our event feed doesn’t have a ‘data root’ - it’s just an array of objects, truncated sample:

[
  {
    "id": 6057,
    "event_name": "RISE: Let's Talk Equity",
    "event_description": "<p>Participants will be introduced to bystander intervention skills that they can use to prevent and respond to discrimination and harassment.&nbsp;It is recommended that participants complete this workshop before attending other RISE workshops. <a href=\"https://studentlife.ontariotechu.ca/services/equity-and-inclusion/events/index.php#tab1-3\">Registration </a>is required.&nbsp;</p>",
    "event_categories": [

],
    "event_tags": [
    ],
    "event_startdate": "2021-06-15 15:00:00",
    "event_enddate": "2021-06-15 17:00:00",
    "all_day": false,
    "open_to": [
    ],
    "location_building": 0,
    "location_room": null,
    "location_campus": 2,
    "location_id": 0,
    "location_other": "Online"

},
  {
    "id": 6058,
    "event_name": "RISE: Sexual Orientation",
    "event_description": "<p>Participants will identify stereotypes based on sexual orientation (ie. lesbian, gay, bisexual, asexual, etc), and discuss known cases of discrimination and harassment that have targeted 2SLGB+ communities. <a href=\"https://studentlife.ontariotechu.ca/services/equity-and-inclusion/events/index.php#tab1-3\">Registration </a>is required.</p>",
    "event_categories": [

],
    "event_tags": [
    ],
    "event_startdate": "2021-06-22 15:00:00",
    "event_enddate": "2021-06-22 17:00:00",
    "all_day": false,
    "open_to": [
    ],
    "location_building": 0,
    "location_room": null,
    "location_campus": 2,
    "location_id": 0,
    "location_other": "Online"
  }
]

When I try to create the dataset and select ‘Test data URL’ I get no response. However, if I enter anything into the Data root field, I get the full response.

Is a data root value required? What should I enter if there isn’t a specific root?

Can you set ID as your root?

Hello,
I’m struggling on DataSet / JSON sync, since a couple of days.
Based on my small experience your issue (I guess it is DataSet population) is due to DATE’s fields, try to do this: change columns’ DataSet type of both ‘event_startdate’ and ‘event_enddate’ from DATE to STRING and have a look if it works.
Please, take in account that you need to update JSON data source otherwise synchronization (Fetch) will be skipped. I hope it could help, bye.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.