Commands aren't working

Hi guys,
i have just tried to send commands to both Android and Windows client of 1.8.1 but commands aren’t executed.
I am trying to send very basic “shutdown /r now” for Windows client and “reboot” for Android client.

I have created the commands, add to the display profile and trying to run from the “Displays” section by clicking “Send command”

I have one uncompleted field which is called “Validation”, what am i supposed to use in that field? any samples please?

Thanks

If you open Status window on the display, then send the command, are there any errors in the logs?

Do you have XMR correctly configured and working? (for example, does request screenshot work?)

If you open config.xml (in player library) does it show your commands there?

Hi Peter,
yes, request screenshot works in both clients.

I got this in the config file,
"l><commands><Reboot><commandString>shutdown /r now</commandString><commandValidation>REBOOT</commandValidation></Reboot></commands><Hash>c93c887e5f9deb8311eca6d6de2f0864</Hash></PlayerSettings>"

Could you try to remove the Validation and try again please?

I believe that shutdown /r and shutdown -r should work just fine.

Hi Peter,
i have removed it and it still doesn’t reboot.

Then we’re back to my question about status window - are there any messages there once you try to send the command to that display?

Hi Peter,
Here is what i get,

LogAgent|15.6.2017 13.27.06|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Client found response content type of ‘text/plain’, but expected ‘text/xml’.
The request failed with the error message:

There has been an unknown error with XMDS, it has been logged. Please contact your administrator.
–.
LogAgent|15.6.2017 13.28.06|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Client found response content type of ‘text/plain’, but expected ‘text/xml’.

There has been an unknown error with XMDS, it has been logged. Please contact your administrator.
–.
LogAgent|15.6.2017 13.29.07|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Client found response content type of ‘text/plain’, but expected ‘text/xml’.

–.
LogAgent|15.6.2017 13.30.07|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Client found response content type of ‘text/plain’, but expected ‘text/xml’.

Could you open php.ini, find this line
always_populate_raw_post_data -1 and make sure it’s not commented out (no ; before that line in php.ini)
Restart your server after making this change.

Regarding this xmds unknown error, are there more relevant logs regarding it on CMS log page?

Side note regarding Android - I believe you will need to have rooted device and Xibo with root access for commands to work.

Hi Peter,
I can’t find php.ini from my server because of docker.

Here is the log at the CMS,
ID Run Date Channel Function Level Display Page Message
57151 12edc0b 2017-06-15 13:56 XMDS POST ERROR BBO-STK1A32SC-01 SubmitLog Unexpected data found. Unexpected data found.
57149 ecb372e 2017-06-15 13:55 XMDS POST ERROR BBO-STK1A32SC-01 SubmitLog Unexpected data found. Unexpected data found.

Also,
not sure if understand what you mean by the rooting device for android.

Isn’t these commands supposed to go to the player and executed by the player?
what those commands has got to do with PHP?

Rebooting the computer should the simplest thing to do here IMO.

Sorry I forgot, that you’re using docker, in this case the php.ini settings should be fine - although just in case you wondering it’s possible to change php.ini in your cms-web container, but that should not be necessary.

I guess it would be easier to have a look at your CMS to see it - since you’ve send us a support ticket, we will continue this discussion there.

Many thanks Peter :smile: