CMS 2.0.4 - Android Player downgrade not working

Dear all,

after updating our CMS to 2.0.4 I’m not able to downgrade the Android Player, only updates are possible. If Player 201 is installed, I can update to 202 without a problem. But a downgrade from 201 or 202 to 200 is not working.

Bye,
Christian

Can you please expand on how downgrading is not working? Do you get an error message? or it looks like it’s done but then you encounter some issues? Can you please provide screenshot of those eventual error/issues? thank you

Thank you for your message. I have been testing the upgrading and downgrading of the Xibo for Android Player using CMS 2.0.4 and found that I was able to do so.

I wondered if you could confirm whether you are trying to downgrade using a previously uploaded R200 APK that has a lower Version ID than the R201 and R202 APKs you have?

As a test, can you delete the R200 APK you have uploaded to your CMS, download a new copy of R200 and add it to your CMS using the Player Versions option? Then see if you are able to downgrade to that version.

Many Thanks.

I change the Player version here:
Displays → select the display → Edit → Profile Settings → Player Version

I removed player R200 and add it again, than I was able to performe the downgrade:

That’s great to hear! Thank you for confirming that uploading a new copy of the Player APK and using this to downgrade.

The reason for this behaviour is due to the Media ID number for the previously uploaded APK. Once you have uploaded and used this version, then uploaded a new APK with a newer Media ID, you will need to then upload the original APK again to generate a new Media ID.

Many Thanks.