Best Practices x Some Issues

Hello Everyone!

I am using XIBO for 6 months and we are facing a lot of small issues and I don’t know how to solve those.

The problems are:

• Wifi issue (I guess this is related with the hardware or interference);
  • Xibo Android sometimes is not responding and I need reboot the player;
  • Xibo can’t read a lot of RSS using the same source. Xibo just can read the first RSS;
  • Many of erros with XMR unresponsive or Unable to start XMR;

I don’t have sure if I am using the CMS following the best practices. I don’t have sure if the cheap hardware is enough to work 24/7 showing videos e accessing the internet and downloading the contents every minute.

The versions are:
Xibo for android 1.8R102
CMS .1.7.9
Player RK3229 with Android 5.1 and 6.0.1

Could you please guide me on that?

Thank you very much.

Thiago

Why is it checking and downloading every minute??

The only service is checking and downloading every minute is the ticker. Because we have many of URL’s and each URL has one feed. Our version can’t see just one URL with many feeds. That is the reason.

• Wifi issue (I guess this is related with the hardware or interference);
    Probably the hardware, cheap hardware often has issues with WiFi
  • Xibo Android sometimes is not responding and I need reboot the player;
    Most likely your hardware is overheating and crashes. I get it with many cheap model Android players. There’s only a handful of machines I have been able to use that don’t crash every day.
  • Xibo can’t read a lot of RSS using the same source. Xibo just can read the first RSS;
    Not sure what you mean, why would Xibo have a problem reading “lots of RSS”? How large is your RSS file?
  • Many of erros with XMR unresponsive or Unable to start XMR;
    Server-side or client-side?
  • About the WIFI, XMR and XIBO is not responding I already fix it. The actual player was replaced to other one with more power and it is working fine.

• About the RSS the main issue is: The app can’t run all rss feeds in random way. The app just get the first rss feed and show it. The others feeds they are not touched.

Thanks.