AppArmor Error with Secondary Snap Instance

Recently started using the Linux Player on Ubuntu 18.04, everything was working well, so I started playing around with a secondary snap instance using sudo snap set system experimental.parallel-instances=true and installed with sudo snap install xibo-player_2.
This worked fine, and I can run either instance separately, but I cannot run both side by side because AppArmor freaks out.

I’m given:
(player:4827): dbind-WARNING **: 12:57:59.846: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files [12:57:59.847] [4827] [debug]: [DBus] ScreenSaver is suspended: 21 [12:57:59.847] [4827] [info]: [XiboApp] http://127.0.0.1:9697/ Failed to register: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type="method_call", sender=":1.107" (uid=1000 pid=4827 comm="/snap/xibo-player/37/bin/player " label="snap.xibo-player_2.xibo-player (enforce)") interface="org.gtk.Actions" member="DescribeAll" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="org.gtkmm.xibo" (uid=1000 pid=4147 comm="/snap/xibo-player/37/bin/player " label="snap.xibo-player.xibo-player (enforce)") Player exited with code 11

I haven’t yet figured out how to switch AppArmor to complain mode for a Snap, but once I do, I will troubleshoot further.

Anyone play around with this yet?

I got to the same place as technomancer-101. I am also curious to see how can we bypass AppArmor. If we remove AppArmor it also remove Snap. Looking if we can compile the xibo-client instead of using snap…

Compiling would be ideal. I don’t particularly like using Snap as it is anyway…

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.