AppArmor Error with Secondary Snap Instance

Recently started using the Linux Player on Ubuntu 18.04, everything was working well, so I started playing around with a secondary snap instance using sudo snap set system experimental.parallel-instances=true and installed with sudo snap install xibo-player_2.
This worked fine, and I can run either instance separately, but I cannot run both side by side because AppArmor freaks out.

I’m given:
(player:4827): dbind-WARNING **: 12:57:59.846: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files [12:57:59.847] [4827] [debug]: [DBus] ScreenSaver is suspended: 21 [12:57:59.847] [4827] [info]: [XiboApp] http://127.0.0.1:9697/ Failed to register: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type="method_call", sender=":1.107" (uid=1000 pid=4827 comm="/snap/xibo-player/37/bin/player " label="snap.xibo-player_2.xibo-player (enforce)") interface="org.gtk.Actions" member="DescribeAll" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="org.gtkmm.xibo" (uid=1000 pid=4147 comm="/snap/xibo-player/37/bin/player " label="snap.xibo-player.xibo-player (enforce)") Player exited with code 11

I haven’t yet figured out how to switch AppArmor to complain mode for a Snap, but once I do, I will troubleshoot further.

Anyone play around with this yet?

I got to the same place as technomancer-101. I am also curious to see how can we bypass AppArmor. If we remove AppArmor it also remove Snap. Looking if we can compile the xibo-client instead of using snap…

Compiling would be ideal. I don’t particularly like using Snap as it is anyway…

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

The Xibo Community site uses cookies. What are cookies?