API Call through Postman

Correct it’s not documented yet.

The GET userGroup call is wrong in the documentation it should be GET /group
as for post:

That being said I’d highly advise to use web ui to assign ACL to the userGroup

We are able to call user group create API. Thanks for your support.

We are trying to call the “Assign one or more Displays to a Display Group” API. But receiving nothing in response. Below is the postman screenshot. Kindly suggest if we are doing some thing wrong here.

We are not able to location any API to “Assign one or more users to a user Group”. Kindly confirm if we have this type of api available for xibo.

Assign displays to displayGroup (in this example we will assign 2 displays to displayGroupId 9)

[] there is important and I believe that’s what you were missing.

There will be nothing in the response I believe as there is no content, the response code should be 204 and obviously those displays should be assigned to the displayGroup.

Assign users to userGroup, that’s not documented yet, but should work in a very similar way to the above displayGroup example.

In this example we will assign one user to userGroup (id11)

Hope that will be helpful.

Thanks for your support.

We are also trying to see how many times & what time my displays were down.
can i get the these details through API or database?

For example, i want to see whether my devices were down today if yes, then i want to see the start time & end time of display down. There may be multiple occurrence of display down, I want to see the all occurrence.

It would be best to set up the CMS maintenance and email alerts, please see corresponding section in the following topic - Xibo CMS Post-Installation Setup Guide

We are now trying to call the User Group Search API. But its not working. Below is the screenshot

As I said.

Oh, I got it. I am able to call the API.

Now i am trying to get all unlicensed display through display search API. I am able to successfully call the API. However result is not correct. API return me all the displays. Below is the screenshot

it’s not licensed it’s authorised - Swagger UI

ie

We are not able to locate the API following purpose.

“Display permission assign to user group”. Suppose we have a Display with ID 3 & i want to assign the permission on this display to a user group with id 5.

Kindly suggest the API for the same.

Kindly suggest if we have a API for “Display permission assign to user group”.

You will want to use the following call - Swagger UI

Which let you assign view, edit, delete permissions to specified entity for specified user or user group.

To avoid issues/confusion, please read my explanation below.

Each user has it’s own unique GroupId (user specific user group) in the above call you can use that or GroupId of an actual user Group.

Each display has it’s own unique displayGroupId (display specific displayGroup) you can use either that or displayGroupId of an actual displayGroup

Entity - in this example it will be displayGroup

ObjectId - in this call displays operate on displayGroupId (not the displayId), which means you’ll want to call GET display first to know what displayGroupId to use.

groupIds - it can be either user group groupId (visible in web ui as well) or user specific groupId - you can use GET /user call to find the user specific groupId if needed.

The call itself will be as follows:

POST /user/permissions/{entity}/{objectId}

entity:displayGroup

objectId:6 (displayGroupId, display specific or actual displayGroup)

groupIds[11][view]:1

where 11 is the GroupId (user specific or actual userGroup), 1|0 flag to grant permissions to [view] [edit] [delete] actions.

Thanks for the details. We have successfully call the API for “Display permission assign to user group”.

We have successfully configured xibo 1.8.1 setup & we are able to call all required APIs.

Now we want to upgrade our existing CMS from version v1.7.8 to v1.8.1.

Kindly provide the guidelines or share the link of any available article in this regards

Please see this manual page - http://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/upgrade.html

Then follow instructions either in Switching to Docker or Custom/Manual installations sections depending if you want to use docker or different environment.

Docker guide and requirements for manual installation are linked to that page as well.

Having Same issue. Page not found.
Cannot get access token from api.
Using Version 1.8.1 on IIS 8.5 PHP 5.6 …

I checked;
IIS url rewrite rules, they all importted from .htaccess as guided

IIS max querystring size : its 4096
Open Debug mode, see the POST error, page not found. no more details as the sshot.

Set everything as you guide for Postman :

What you offer for me next??
The other functions of CMS is working fine.

I think I made a mistake with your preset Postman settings file. But I could get access token by Postman s own “Get New Access Token” option.

it could get token, and we can use token without problem.

Interesting, I’m not quite sure why it didn’t work for you before - the url rewriting rules seems to be correct.

Let me know if you encounter issues with any other calls etc - if it won’t be related to something already discussed in this topic, please open a new one, as this one is already rather long.

I think Postmans own Request Token option uses its own server and get access token by its server. I need to manage those as you guide. And also need to make it from c#.
Thanks