Any predictions about the launch of the new version with the Xibo correction without black screen between the media?

Sorry for the inconvenience.
I wonder if there is any predictions about the launch of the new version with the Xibo correction without black screen between the media?
The black screen between the media is a problem for the use of Xibo.
Thank’s!

1 Like

The black frame you are experiencing is due to the time it takes your device to draw the next media item, when the previous one finishes. On a powerful device this is not usually noticeable and should always be the background that shows through between items.

Obviously we are always looking to improve Xibo and the way Layouts are presented on the Player and we are therefore interested in improving the player technology so that items are preloaded as much as possible before they are shown. This will be the case in the new windows/Ubuntu player for 1.9 and is already the case in Xibo for Android.

We don’t have a timeline for 1.9 yet - but it will likely be in the medium-long term (i.e some time next year).

You don’t know how happy I’ll be with a Xibo for Ubuntu. hehehe

Just taking advantage of this topic.

How works the compatibility of future 1.8 or 1.9 cms versions, with android license from 1.7?

It will work with no problems, or I’ll need to buy a new version?

Thank you so much for the return.
You do a great job.
Big hug @dan

1 Like

We’ve not decided whether these versions will trigger a paid upgrade or whether we will provide it free of charge. If I had to make a guess at this stage, I would say that 1.8 would be free of charge as 90% of the effort has been with the CMS. We’ve also made sure that the XMDS version hasn’t changed, so that 1.7 players will be able to use a 1.8 CMS (if a version match is not possible for whatever reason).

1.9 will likely be a chargeable upgrade, because 90% of the work will be in the player software.

I’d like to stress that these are just my “feeling” at the moment, we will have to analyse in more detail once we are ready with a stable release.