Android Clients connect CMS too often (> 1.7 R52)

Another test:
I uninstalled the APP v1.7 R56 on one of my devices and then installed R52.
The CMS recognized the client so the same layouts where shown as before.

Now the client only connects to the server every 5 minutes as set in the collection interval. Just like the other devices with releases earlier than 53 do (as mentioned in my first post).

If you look at your Apache logs there are XMDS requests and CMS requests coming from the same IP - hence that IP must be running both a session on the CMS and the Player.

No its not - its just a message triggered when the CMS loads a Layout

Just to be clear about this - there haven’t been any changes between R52 and R56 regarding how frequently the Player connects to the CMS. We are looking for something specific to your environment.

All pertinent logging triggered by the Player has the displayId attached to it in the logs. Looking at the log you’ve provided , all the logging comes from the CMS, which I suspect means that “Auditing” is turned off on whichever display wrote those logs.

To me those logs look like a normal collection interval of a player (if auditing was switched on for that display we would see register, required files and schedule logging intermixed).

Just for the sake of ruling it out something content related, can you change the schedule on your player so that it only shows 1 layout with a simple image on it?

If you’d rather mess with the schedule on the real display you can change 1 character of the displays hardware key (remember which one so you can change it back)