Android Client : Bug with Fly with the South orientation

Hi,

I’ve got some troubles with transitions.
The first one is the South Transition.

It’s been consistent with multiples android box and Layouts.

When I put a Region with a Fly Transition and a South Orientation, at the beginning of the presentation there is a flash where you can see the region for a very short amount of time at the center. Then it does the transition correctly.

I can give you a presentation, but it’s easy to reproduce :

• Create a region
  • Put an image inside
  • Change the transition to “Fly” and “South”

I think there is a problem only with the south transition, but I haven’t try the South-east …

Is there a Android patch coming out soon ?

I shall look at it later today, could you please confirm for me what CMS and player version are you using?

Player version : Android V1.8_R102
CMS Version : 1.8.2

So the last version I think.

And I have :

• Two different players with S905X CPU
  • One player which is my phone (Huawei Mate 8)

And the Mate 8 is powerful enough to handle everything in Xibo, so I don’t think this is a GPU issue.

It would seem that when there is only one item in the region with transitions, the exit transition is not displayed ie it shows in transition and then reload the layout.

If you have two items in the region, both with in/out transitions then it does show in and out transitions for both items.

I’ve logged an issue in github to take a look at it, thank you for bringing this to our attention

Thanks for the issue in github, if I find any clue I will tell you.

Sorry for my english, I try my best but I know I make a lot of mistakes.

What I’m trying to describe in this thread is this issue --> https://photos.app.goo.gl/kYOM0A9wersGmsCr1

You can clearly see that each time the south transition is triggered (For Fly IN), there is a flash with the picture. But you can see that the North Transition is working good. This issue is still here when I put a second image inside the region (two images with Fly In South, Fly Out North)

I’m using a French CMS and Android.

I’m sorry if it’s complicated to understand what I’m trying to say :wink:
Ask anything if I’m not clear enough.

Hum, I manage to replicate the issue with a Fly East Transition.

I exported a presentation -> https://cloud.a2display.fr/s/pwIzih8UuO60XGV

If you don’t have troubles with this one, I will check my CMS (maybe the updates broke somethings). But this is a real problem for us, because we are using this kind of transition A LOT.

Thank you a lot for your help,

Rodolphe

Thank you for the video presenting the issue and your layout.

While it’s less noticeable on our recommended hardware (I’ve tested it on dsdevices and minix z64) it does seem to happen there as well.

I’ve added a note about it to the bug report, we will investigate it further and try to work out the solution for it.

Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention!