Android app top bar bug

In all version of the android app from 1.8 r102 and previous, when the app started up it would bring up the top bar where is could checks status. I would stay there for about 15-30 secs. I just installed 1.8 r107 and now the bar comes up but almost instantly it loses focus. This is a problem because the “status” item is not available anywhere else and since we are using fire tv’s they are not touch enabled so there is no way to bring that bar back up. If i need to view the status, I normally have to stop the app and restart to get the bar. Could you possibly fix this bug OR add the “status” item to the right click menu? I think adding the status item to the menu is the better fix as i won’t have to kill the app everything i need to check the status. Thanks

The top action bar should obey the settings from Display profile (it can be set to hidden / timed with duration there), that should not be any different in R107. Perhaps double check the settings there.

You should be able to still click anywhere or drag it from the top and the action bar should re-appear.

I believe we have heard that there is an issue with the action bar on Android 7 (in 7.0 to be precise fixed in newer Android 7 releases), other than that, it should work just fine.