Adding & Removing media from layout

Hi,

I have a bit of a strange request that I’m not sure if I can do it or if there is a smarter way to do what I’m trying to do.

I have a layout (Layout 1) which has 20 media files in it, I would like to add Media file 21 to it for a two week period then at the end of the two weeks have it stop playing/or be removed from the layout.

Or should I look at making a layout 2 with 1 file in it and schedule it for the two weeks I need?

any advice would be welcomed.

Xibo 2.0.0 onwards has support for setting from-to dates on individual media items.

If you have version 2.0.0 CMS and Players, then you can just do that in the layout designer directly.

If you’re using an older version, then the easiest way would be to take a copy of the layout, add your 21st media item to the layout, and adjust your schedule so that the appropriate layout is shown at the correct time. You can use layout priority to schedule the layout with the 21st item on it for the time it needs to be shown only, and then that will take priority over the layout without the 21st item on it.