Adding Fonts Xibo 1.7.2

Hi all,

i have upgrade Xibo to the version 1.7.2 because i need the font modul.
I have add my Font in the Bibliothek, but i didn´t find the Font in the Ckeditor.
I also cleaned my browser cache. Tested with 3 Browsers.

Can someboby helps me?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi

i have the same problem with fonts

if you put a tag on file in media and logout and clean your browser cache you must see it

but sometime on an other computer fonts preview (an designer) not work properly

I have put a tag on the font file but i dont see the font after the logout. I also cleaned my browser cache.

Its great if we have an menu to add and remove font :slight_smile:

Came here to see whether it was just me having this problem - clearly not. I have uploaded a .ttf font and cleared cache - the font shows up in the editor but the system does not display my text in that font - either in preview or on the diplays.

Edit: The fonts seem to play nicer if the name they are given during upload (or later) matches the font description name you get (in Windows) if you double click on the font file and check the Font name.

I have the problem also

Upgrade to 1.7.3… however, the fonts still do not show in the editor. Does anyone have another solution?

That is interesting…

The key to installing fonts is to Add and then Edit the font (I think someone mentioned adding a tag, which would trigger the edit - although opening and saving the form would do the same.

This should cause a fonts.css file to be written to your CMS in the modules/preview/fonts.css folder.

If all of those who are having the problem could check that file to see if their font is listed - that would be great.

Same problem here with the font showing up in the editor but the font being replaced by a standard one in preview/player

Anybody able to check the file as @dan requests? We’re unlikely to make progress on this without some help from you all too :smile:

I have tried these two fonts and this is in the css file

@font-face {
font-family: ‘GentiumPlus-R.ttf’;
src: url(‘http://localhost/xibo/index.php?p=module&mod=font&q=Exec&method=GetResource&download=1&downloadFromLibrary=1&mediaid=37’);
}

@font-face {
font-family: ‘DistProTh.otf’;
src: url(‘http://localhost/xibo/index.php?p=module&mod=font&q=Exec&method=GetResource&download=1&downloadFromLibrary=1&mediaid=38’);
}

Thanks. And how does the font name appear in the CMS editor - eg when you go to use it in a Text media item?

They match when they are called in the css file

As a secondary step can you also make sure that exact same fonts.css file appears in your media library, except with a source of the final file ID - i.e. 37.ttf and 38.otf in your case?

This is what I see in my library. The font numbers have changed as I’ve been developing the system since. Looks like there is no fonts.css in the library?

This is what is in the fonts.css file

@font-face {
src: url(‘http://10.10.4.5/xibo/index.php?p=module&mod=font&q=Exec&method=GetResource&download=1&downloadFromLibrary=1&mediaid=27’);
}

@font-face {
font-family: ‘GentiumPlus-I.ttf’;
src: url(‘http://10.10.4.5/xibo/index.php?p=module&mod=font&q=Exec&method=GetResource&download=1&downloadFromLibrary=1&mediaid=28’);
}

Can you check in the library location you have on-disk?

If should look something like:

@font-face {
font-family: 'GentiumPlus-R.ttf';
src: url('27.ttf');
}

@font-face {
font-family: 'GentiumPlus-I.ttf';
src: url('28.ttf');
}

We have to create a different fonts.css file for the CMS to use and for the Players to use as the files are stored in different places between the two.

I suspect (and it is only a suspicion) that the fonts.css file in your library location isn’t being updated properly for some reason, but the one the CMS uses is.

The one in the library says

@font-face {
src: url(‘27.ttf’);
}

@font-face {
font-family: ‘GentiumPlus-I.ttf’;
src: url(‘28.ttf’);
}

Looks the same to me

Hmm, and if you look at a Display which is scheduled to play a layout with the font on it - and if you look at the “Media Inventory” for that display, do you see 27 and 28 listed as being downloaded?

All I seem to get is fonts.css , nothing else

EDIT: Sorry they are there, just checked again.

I have added another font but can’t get it to appear in the editor.

You might need to F5 on your browser to clear the cache (fonts.css will be cached)